<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] leg care for multi-days
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:09 GMT 2003
  • - Renee Gonzalez
  • - Colleen Egleston

    Re: [RC] leg care for multi-days - Colleen Egleston

    Thank you Maggie, for reminding us about what is important in life.  I am deeply sorry for your loss, it is so hard to lose so much potential, and someone so young.  Best wishes to Nelson also.

    C.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:48 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] leg care for multi-days

    To help put things into perspective...are you able to go out and hug your hug this morning?  The new filly we fell in love with as soon as she was born this year and have anxiously been waiting to bring home as soon as she was weaned, had to be destroyed this week (long story but she got out of the fence and in trying to get back in managed to break both of her hind legs).  Now this was a pretty awesome filly and Nelson had pinned hopes and dreams on this horse that I hadn't seen him pin on any horse yet...this would have been the filly that he might have actually taken out on the limited distance trail himself.  He was totally smitten with this filly.  She is gone and he is devastated.  The breeders feel awful but as they are dear friends of ours and we spent about a half hour in a panic thinking one of THEM was dead or in a horrible accident, we were relieved THEY were ok.  There will be other horses, but friends are hard to come by and these particular friends are so unique!!
    So, go hug your horse today and think of all the things the two of you have to look forward to and how precarious life can be sometimes.  It only takes an instant for everything to change.
    Maggie