<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] I am amazed!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:09 GMT 2003
  • - Colleen Egleston
  • - Beth Bennett

    RE: [RC] I am amazed! - Steph Teeter

    Thank you Beth!! Please please please no more she-said/he-said/you-said/you-shouldn't-have-said bickering! This is a very public forum with thousands of endurance riders from around the world. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to turn back on my all purpose heavy duty censoring machine.

    So. The 6 USET squad horse and riders are just about to leave the US for Spain. A few of us are going over to do online coverage of the event. What do you folks want to know, or hear about? What do you really think about the US participation in the World Championship... do we have a chance?

    Steph
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Beth Bennett
    Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 7:10 AM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] I am amazed!

    I joined ridecamp as a newbie who had been lurking and posting as a guest for a little while.  The information I gleaned while posting as a guest asking questions was invaluable.

    I am not here to express my opinions about whether guests should or shouldn't be allowed to post - I'm just not going to chew on this bone.  I will say that I think it is pathetic how the informative, constructive, helpful aspects of ridecamp seem go have dwindled into a petty, catty, place to blast other people.

    Why can't people just choose their battles.  Certainly there are more important ones than here on ridecamp.  I have been hitting my DELETE key more and more.  Heck, I am embarrassed for ridecamp.  Had this stuff been going back and forth when I first started reading I would have run the other direction and probably been completely turned off of endurance riding.  This place sounds like a bunch of silly combative children.  Are we not mostly adults here - because it sure doesn't sound like it.

    I thought that this was a forum to exchange information, ideas, stories, etc.  It appears that it has become no better than any day time soap opera.

    I hope that we can get this forum back to its intended purpose.  I personally have learned a lot here, and it would be a pitty to lose this resource.

    BTW, if you're going to blast me for what I have said, please do it privately so as to not continue the cluttering of this forum with a bunch of meaningless bull.  Thanks.

    Beth Bennett