<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Judging Riding Ability
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:10 GMT 2003
  • - Ed and Wendy Hauser
  • - sindy mccosker

    RE: [RC] Judging Riding Ability - Alison Farrin

     I was watching the coverage of last year's National Championship a few
    nights ago and even my non-horsey husband commented on the flailing
    arms, chair seats and fetal position riders as they came in.  These were
    the top ten riders in the 50.  Now, I'm sure they looked better going
    out at the beginning, but the top ten of the national championship
    should not be so tired coming in that their riding position has slipped
    as badly as it appeared.

    Out of the first 10, one rider (maybe two) came in balanced on the back
    of her horse.
    Past aesthetics, its hard on the horse.

    Alison A. Farrin
    Innovative Pension