<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] AERC Ride Sanctioning
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:29 GMT 2003
  • - Truman Prevatt
  • - Rides 2 Far

    RE: [RC] AERC Ride Sanctioning - Bob Morris

    Dublin:

    You know better that to make statements like "Currently AERC
    rules state that a regional sanctioning director may deny
    sanctioning to a ride in his/her region without cause or
    peer review."

    Please cite the Rule(s) that afford the so stated
    privileges.

    I believe that you have a bit of confusion between the AERC
    By-laws and the AERC Rules and Regulations. If in fact you
    are referring the Article IX section 12 of the By-laws ,
    please note that the said privilege is one of the
    authorities of the Board of Directors. In delegating this
    task to certain Directors, the BoD has the option of over
    ruling the said director at any time.

    Also please note Rule 11.9 which states the only authority
    for with holding of sanctioning by a director. If you are in
    fact alluding to the ROC matter the AERC in that case had
    past experience that came under the purview of that exact
    rule wording.

    As to the statement <<<<This is a significant amount of
    power and control over the business of AERC and RMs for
    individuals or a small group.>>>>

    The AERC has many positions available on the Board of
    Directors, Committees and other volunteer positions. The
    only reasons that incumbents stay in place is 1.
    satisfaction of the membership with what is happening
    2. complete lack of interest in the operation of the
    Conference

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises