<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Opinions close to the vest...
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:30 GMT 2003
  • - SandyDSA
  • - SandyDSA

    RE: [RC] Opinions close to the vest... - John A. Teeter

    ===== Mike wrote:
    There has been close to 200 posts to the BoD list since Aug. 1 and
    another 300 in the month of July.
    =====

    I've often thought that it would be quite useful to have the secretary keep
    a running track on the issues being discussed in that stream of messages.

    At least list the topics that are being discussed and any official like
    statements the board wants/needs to make.

    I think the raw message stream might be more than anyone would ever want to
    see, but the secretary is certainly the elected official we placed our trust
    in to document what is appropriate:)

    keep it always there so that everyone could see the posted topics which are
    being discussed and any statements which members want to make public on the
    particular subject.

    It would be pretty easy (for all but Jan, but then maybe Kathleen could keep
    the actual text and send it to Jan for review and publishing).

    There would be much less opportunity to stand on the outside and point
    fingers like seems to happen a bit.

    I know in the rules committee we had over 560 messages posted since march.
    lots of topics, only a bit of which found its way into the EN articles.

    johnt