<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Fake helmets
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:30 GMT 2003
  • - Annie George
  • - Tara Wheeler

    [RC] Fake helmets - Howard Bramhall

    Roger, you are not the first one to write a post about an entirely different subject than the title.  I do that all the time on Ridecamp.  It's not because I feel I'm being censored, it's because I never can stay on topic.  My mind wanders, traveling to places that I never knew existed.  And, from reading your post, I think your mind does some traveling also.  The only time my posts come back to me is when I'm too drunk to type in "ridecamp@...." correctly.

    If Steph was the type of person to censor posts on Ridecamp I do believe Howard would not exist.  Any post made by this person would automatically go into the "not fit for human consumption" file, and remain there till the end of time.  You are so wrong about that one.  You must be reading one of Hillary Clinton's books where she's discussing the "right wing conspiracy" theory.  Either that or you're reliving "Watergate."  Now, Nixon knew how to conspire; I doubt if AERC can top Nixon, which is what you're implying.

    I'm not sure what is going out in the South west.  None of this started until the ROC debate, which seems to continue long past it's intended cycle.  I would like to make one point about the ROC.  The ridemanager did receive approval for the first date she requested, the one in June.  Let's try and remember that one.  I know a lot of RMs out here who have their rides on the same date, year in and year out, and would be hard pressed if they wanted to change it to another one.  The odds are it would conflict with another ride.  Quite frankly, she should have stayed with the original date.

    It's no secret that I adore my Regional Director.  I think she is the epitome of the type of person I'd like to become when I ever grow up (don't hold your breath on that one).  When I'm not sure how to vote on certain issues within AERC, I ask her which way to go.  I bet that there are those out west who feel the same about their directors; otherwise, I don't see how they would be able to continue doing their jobs.  Who the heck would want that job anyway?  Look at all the grief it brings you; plus, you have to pay your own way to travel across the country to attend the meetings and convention.  These folks need to be commended, not attacked because one Ride Manager didn't get what she wanted.

    This rumor and innuendo crap about some of the directors should really stop without any credible proof.  If you think the barrel is filled with rotten apples, then, by all means, dump out the barrel and fill it with new ones.  If you feel strongly enough about certain members of our Board to make the types of accusations that you are making, then you should throw your butt into the fire and run for one of their positions.  If, the numbers of those who feel like you do are there, you just might get elected.  I doubt if they are, but if you think so, let's find out.  Course, maybe, you don't want the job, because then you'd have to actually do some work, and take the heat yourself.  How's your closet?  Got any skeletons in there?  If not, maybe, someone like yourself, after you get elected, can put some in.

    cya,
    Howard ("The west is a very scary place," said Elmer Fudd.)