<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: Fw: [RC] 3 day 150 mi. Rides
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:31 GMT 2003
  • - John A. Teeter
  • - RBluebirdpr

    RE: Fw: [RC] 3 day 150 mi. Rides - Bob Morris

    OK Steph:

    Which AERC Administrative Procedures manual? Only one set of
    Procedures were ever approved by the BoD and that was the
    set I wrote in 1995. There was nothing like what you refer
    to in them.

    Now, if the guide line for consideration of Special Event
    rides requires there be only one such ride taking place in
    the same time frame throughout all AERC regions and there be
    at least two weeks between the starting dates of any two
    such events, then there will be only 26 special events in
    the nation each year! Is this what the membership desires or
    is it what certain Ride Promoters want?

    Realize also this rule includes 150 mile rides done in 36
    hours. What about them? Are they also special events?

    To often the BoD acts in haste and regrets at leisure. How
    many times in the past 25 years? I have lost count.

    Remember as well A RULE THAT CAN BE CIRCUMVENTED IS NOT A
    RULE, AND A RULE THAT HAS NO PENALTY IS NOT A RULE.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID