<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] full seat riding pants
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:33 GMT 2003
  • - Truman Prevatt
  • - Deanna German

    Re: [RC] full seat riding pants - Debbie T.

    For hot, sticky weather (I'm in Missouri) I have found nothing better than the cotton Carousel riding tights.  Mine don't have any patches on the outside,  I have found those to grab the saddle and rub me a bit.  They have pads in the crotch and the knees.  They will wear out in the crotch in 2 or 3 years of hard riding, but the comfort is worth it.  I wonder if the Wintec material causes your pants to wear out faster in the crotch;  it's not as slick as leather, is it?  (I don't have much experience with them)  Biking pants would probably be durable enough,  but I buy for comfort.  However. what's comfy for one person might rub another!
    Debbie Trimble
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 1:13 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] full seat riding pants

    I've been riding in them for about a month.  I noticed the material kind of sticks to my Wintec, but I don't know about when it gets wet.  I bought them because my regular riding pants kept wearing out in the crotch area.  I would be interested in finding some durable pants that aren't full seat.  What do you guys use?  Are biking pants durable enough?  What is best for hot, sticky weather?
    Pamela