<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] helmets/concussions
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:34 GMT 2003
  • - RDCARRIE
  • - Sandy Terp

    Re: [RC] helmets/concussions - Becky Huffman

    I have to say that I absolutely love my Lidlocker, but was so very unimpressed with their return policy,  -when I cracked mine, I went and bought a new international sport.  I like it almost as well, and the new cost is close to that of the replacement lidlocker. ..and the lidlocker has to be sent off and inspected and you don't get the replacement for several weeks.  The local tractor supply keeps internationals in stock and I picked one up the next day.

    "Good and Ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. "
    -Aragorn, son of Arathorn

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Sandy Terp
    Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 9:36 PM
    Subject: [RC] helmets/concussions

    Well having NEVER been a me too person.  I just got home from the hospital.  I was getting on my five year old this evening for a dressage lesson.  She took off when I had one foot in the stirrup so technically I didn't come off because I was never all the way on!  My butt is VERY sore (landed on the gravel driveway) and my helmet is cracked all the way up the back but I only sustained a minor concussion.  I don't remember all the details but Jewel had just had a terrible shoeing experience on Thursday while I was away and was obviously still upset tonight.  So the farrier is fired and I will return my LidLocker and hope they will replace it.  I brought it to the emergency room with me and they just kept saying wow we figured you would be on a back board not walking around.

    Sandy Terp
    (Neigh-Per-Say)
    www.neighpersay.com