<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Land prices was Help with mileage
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:31:19 GMT 2003
  • - Barbara McCrary
  • - Tom Dean

    Re: [RC] Land prices was Help with mileage - Dyane Smith

    I think Sylvia hit on it.  Smog in L.A. is so bad even the bugs can't breathe.  Check out Siskiyou County in the real northern CA.   Great land (including pasture), great hay, great trails, low prices (and low priced jobs, of course).  Also, population density is spread out enough, the bugs are never terrible.  Right now though, not a good time to shop for real estate, we are sharing in Oregon smoke.

    Dyane

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:52 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Land prices was Help with mileage

    In a message dated 8/1/2002 10:06:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, dvirgilio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I'll take SoCal anyday just for the no bug factor alone. There are
    never any bugs, even for evening rides. Nice:)

    I was born in Los Angeles.  I am allergic to smog and there is no way I could live any farther south in California than Santa Barbara.  Even on a "good" day the air quality is so bad that my allergy kicks in and I'm miserable.  I agree there are some awesome trails, but breathing takes precedence.

    Sylvia in Solvang :))