<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Illegal Substance List!!!!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:31:20 GMT 2003
  • - RHightshoe
  • - Jutta

    [RC] Illegal Substance List!!!! - Joane Pappas White

    Hi All,

    I was reading my horsescience newsletter from TI and came across this wonderfully helpful post from one of Tom's subscribers.  Since I don't really have her permission to use her express post, I'll just share the information and if she gives me her permission, I'll tell you who to thank!

    Message: 13
       Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:10:01 -0700
    Subject: RE: nutriceuticals

    >Recently there was a post or two concerning possible positives from
    >Valerian. Is anyone aware of any other possible positives from
    >nutriceuticals such as Devil Claw, etc?

    If you are interested in USA Equestrian/FEI rules, this page may be useful:

    http://www.equestrian.org/aboutus/meds/advice.html

    Devil's Claw is specifically listed as an example of a forbidden substance.

    This page describing the laboratory procedures may also be of interest:

    http://www.equestrian.org/aboutus/meds/lab.html

    In addition, you can call USA Eq in Lexington directly if you have a
    question. I understand they are helpful.

    The Websites are GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!   But even more helpful are the lab procedures.

    Joane and the Herd
    Price, Utah