<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Update on my mare and need advice. now leasing
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:31:21 GMT 2003
  • - Vallonelee
  • - sindy mccosker

    Re: [RC] Update on my mare and need advice. now leasing - Colleen Egleston

    I leased an awesome gelding with a scary personality to a friend once.  He did a good job working with him and took him in one 25 mile CTR.  He had him about three months and I was just happy to get him a good home.

    One day he called me up and said he was off and he was taking him to Michigan State for a diagnosis.  I ment him there and after a complete work up, it was determined he had a fractured cannon bone.  Turns out my friend liked to trot on pavement alot.  This friend paid for the entire vet bill, but the horse was at my home that afternoon.  The horse healed, found a new gentle, likes to brush a horse and not ride it home, but I never heard from the guy who leased him again.

    I often wonder.  Anyway that was my experience, you live and you learn, never to assume anything.  I should have told him not to trot alot on pavement.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:04 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Update on my mare and need advice. now leasing

    Well, I am in a bad financial situation, plus the extra riding she would be getting seemed like a good idea.  But I know there are risks too.  Like if she doesn't ride her like is specified in our contract and goes galloping off and my mare pulls a suspensory in the deep sand we have here.  But she seems like a good horsewoman and I have no reason to believe she will treat Mazzy badly.
    Anyone have any good/bad leasing experiences?