<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] RIDING CLOTHES
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:31:22 GMT 2003
  • - Lisa Redmond
  • - Typef

    Re: [RC] RIDING CLOTHES - superpat

    When I first started riding, I would get very painful rub spots just inside my knees. Experienced riders told me that I would learn to sit and post so that this would  become a thing of the past. They were absolutely correct. But in the meantime, I cut large patches of moleskin and placed the patch on the area where I was getting blisters and this helped immensely.
    this may help you and if you are just begining to ride, you might look forward to this also being a thing of the past.....
    Good luck,
    Pat
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:06 AM
    Subject: [RC] RIDING CLOTHES

    I just did my first endurance ride this weekend, (it went great, by the way), but I got rubbed quite alot in the knee area where it meets the saddle. Its more like almost under the knee. My friend said it was pretty typical and she still gets them. I was wearing decent breeches but was wondering if any of you have any tricks to help not getting these. It looks like I took some skin off there. Does anyone wrap up under their breeches or is this just a battle wound I will proudly bear? Its quite amazing how much more sore you are from competition miles vs. training miles even though you have trained some long, hard miles. I was amazed at how sore my body was the next day! You do get over this, right? Are most of you *always* sore after a competitive ride?

    Thanks!!
    Karla