<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] coolmax tights
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:51 GMT 2003
  • - Ridecamp Guest
  • - CForsyt

    Re: [RC] [RC] coolmax tights - Laurie Durgin

    Thanks , have it. I found 2pr. coolmaxtights today. cheap. I am goin to monkey with one pair, adding patches for grip and taking them in a bit at lower leg.The other I will leave alone.See how they work.It' the patch thing now. I usually use leather, but it's hard to keep supple. I'd like to find something like clarino patches. But don't know what it is. A fake leather? Ultra suede is a bit pricy at 40.00 a yard, and I'm not sure it's tough enough.I do need the grip with Rascal though.
    Laurie and Rascal(Yes, we rode today at 78% and 94% humidity)But there was a breeze and a bath for that matter. Rascal who behaved like a plug , becasue dad came aong on ol' Savannah. Ol' Savannah, sho stands in water and paws high enough in the water, you'd think she was a Libbazaon(sp) and wets all her belly, sides and neck(no sponging this horse, hey, maybe we could teach the rest?) and dads shoes, who mom thinks is a riot(except when she does it to the water trough and empties it.Well ol' Rascal and dad had the last laugh today.Yes I did forget my sponge, but we were just walking a new trail to get the distance for training purpose. My gosh it was only an hour and a half. He was nosing the water and swirling it and playing with the minnows , when he seemed to be searching for something,,,hhhmmm could it be sand, not rocks, hhmmm, could it be so he could flop straight down on his belly?Lucky I ride with my feet under,like they say, so if the horse drops out from under you you'd be standing on the balls of your feet?WELL, GUESS WHAT FOLKS< it WORKS. Yes sirree, only my old already rotting ariats and calves got wet. Dad roared, Savannah splashed somemore,Mom yipped, & got Rascal up, doubletime to save her new saddle from a soaking. Moral of the story:only let him drink in
    rocky places, advoid the sand at all costs. 2nd Moral of the story, now I know why some of you ride in sneakers that dry out quickly.
    Just another interesting day with "the RASCAl".

    From: "Milinda Ellis" <milinda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: "Laurie Durgin" <LADurgin@xxxxxxx>
    Subject: Re: [RC]   coolmax tights
    Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:14:27 -0500

    Laurie,

    Check "Suitability". They have tights and breeches (etc) patterns and those don't have seams on the inside leg (which is where my tights usually "blow out" first. If you have a sewing machine or serger to sew on stretch fabrics, you should be good to go. They also have links on their website to sources of materials for full seats and knee pacthes.

    I've had really good luck with them, personally. I think the http is www.suitability.com. I hope this helps. I live in east-central Texas, so I understand where you're coming from!!!

    Milinda Ellis
    Beargrass Cleveland Bays
    Jewett, Texas