<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Sportsmanship
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:53 GMT 2003
  • - Barbara McCrary
  • - Lynne Tomovick

    Re: [RC] Sportsmanship - Steven Proe

    Hi Folks: One must remember tevis is tevis, just because you file a protest or a reply to a protest or to a decision made by tevis. There is no guarantee that it will ever see the light of day much less the chance that you will even get a reply to a document sent to tevis. I'm still waiting after 9 or ten years If my memory is correct. Sometimes the ride is more important than the main people that have run this ride. I have heard that politics does at times enter into the lack of a response even if the tevis rules say that there should be.

    Steven Proe
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:07 PM
    Subject: [RC] Sportsmanship

    <<<But the winner will be lauded and applauded  ad nauseum. No
    one will stand up and condemn for fear of being ostracized.

    Hummmm......I thought the Endurance world was different from the show world ? anyone brave enough to do that ride should be able to file a protest . No one should allow poor sportmanship in the show ring or on a ride .

    Valerie - who filed a protest for poor sportsmanship with USAE along with 3 others this year at a Class A Arabian , Rules are Rules !