<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Tevis
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:55 GMT 2003
  • - Laura Hayes
  • - Rae Callaway

    Re: [RC] Tevis - Rebecca Hackworth

    I do not go out of the way to cause trouble.  My horse STOOD in place
    for nearly 20 minutes.  He was so good.  In fact almost every horse
    there just stood there.!  I was duly impressed.

    People were just hanging around before we could give our numbers.
    That was at least 15 minutes worth.  Then we gave our numbers one at
    a time.  Only one horse could pass the truck at a time.  Then we had
    at least a 1/2 mile to walk to the shirts.  During that time and the
    first 4-5 miles of the ride, those moving slower WERE to the right.
    It was while we were stopped (and had BEEN stopped at the individual
    "shirts") we had chosen, and had been there for at least 15 minutes
    did Potato come crashing through.  No very nice. Not easing his way
    up, just yelling for us all to get to the right.  I'm sorry, but
    there is only so much room down there to squeeze in, and everyone was
    fairly content to stand there and wait for the start until he came
    through.

    If he had been more polite, or cautious, it would have been better.
    I am surprised there were not more accidents at the start.

    Becky Hackworth