verble cues

The only verbal cue all my horses know is  "hup" . They know something is going on. It can be mud, bad footing ect. The woman who started my morab trains all horses with that command . They know it means something is up and pay attention. They slow stride and come alert right away. She says it keeps you off their face.
My dog trainer said never use conversation commands for dogs such as "no" . Use a sound or word that stands out above conversation. He uses "fooee" instead of no. Should work on horses also.
Paddi Sprecher

Canadian Trail House
Alberta Canada
www.BiothaneTack.com

manufacturers of quality Biothane Tack and Equine Supplies
toll free 1 866 987-4816