Re: Putting a stop on a horse.

Amen to what you say, Jim. As many of the ridecampers know, I have had
my share of "Hard knocks" because of a horse that needed mor training at
home, when I took him to rides. Now, after going back to basics, and
teaching him a lot at home, he's safeer for me to ride at the start of
an endurance ride. To get his attention back at the start of rides or
surrounded by distractions took a lot of repetitive "homework" in the
pasture, fields and trails near my house. I am riding him without a bit
in his mouth, with a mechanical hackamore the first loop and a bitless
bridle the rest of the ride, with very light contact, and "body
language" that he now understands and pays attention to. Good training
with light contact does not happen over night. This particular horse has
taught ME more than I have taught him. We have both come a long way.
Lucie
Lucie