Re: Plaster Cast for Saddle Fit

I had a few people respond privately and one person asked that I post where I got the instructions for the plaster cast. A few saddle makers ask the buyer to make a cast of the horses back and send it to them. The saddlemaker then uses this "negative" to make a mold of the horses back. I happen to have a friend who is real good working with fiberglass, and he made it for me. (He is coming over tonight to show me what he made) The saddlemaker then makes the tree to fit the back. Here is where I got my instructions:
http://www.steelesaddle.com/custom.html
It cost me a little over $50. for the case of plaster wrap.
Still, you have to remember that the back is standing still with no weight. But I guess it is a start.

Lauren

Lauren & Allan Horn
San Juan Capistrano, CA