<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Old gelding
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:20 GMT 2003
  • - goearth
  • - Bette Lamore

    RE: [RC] Old gelding - Marlene Moss

    The script that I try to use for my videos is starting with the horse running up the pasture to be haltered, then slow close ups while tied to the trailer.  Then we do a mock vet check, checking gums, all 4 feet and generally touching all over and trot out and back.  Then tacking up, mounting, walk, trot, canter and dismount in arena or round pen.  Sometimes I’ll do some free longing.

    Then we take the horse on the trail and show it crossing water, going up and down hills, sometimes climbing over rocks and logs, whatever seems to make sense.

    First time I did this was from the back of my recently started arab.  I think I was more impressed with him handling neck reining and speed control while I controlled the camera than the horse we were selling, it was really interesting.

    It really wasn’t that big of a deal to put that level of video together, although it wasn’t professional by any means.  And we did have people really appreciate that much information.

    Marlene

    Marlene Moss

    Moss Rock Endurance Adventures

    www.mossrockendurance.com