<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] navicular horse
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:23 GMT 2003
  • - Karen Bratcher
  • - sharp penny

    Re: [RC] navicular horse - Lisa Redmond

    Angie--

    I have to say in all honesty that if it were my horse and I was attached to
    it to the degree she supposedly is, I would put it down.  Why?  It is
    suffering, and it's problems are only going to get worse over time.  Nerving
    the animal just so it can stay around for MY pleasure seems cruel.  It's
    certainly not going to stop the degeneration of the navicular bones.  What
    happens when the degeneration gets so bad the animal goes down and can't get
    up?   If she's not going to make the effort to give the horse the therapy it
    needs, then the kindest thing would be to put the poor animal out of its
    misery.  It's a quality of life issue, and it sounds to me as if she's more
    interested in having a pretty pasture decoration than truly doing what's
    best for the horse.

    Lisa (who can't stand to see animals suffer just so their humans can look at
    them)

    Just my