<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Neoprene girths
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:24 GMT 2003
  • - Nancy Mitts
  • - Typef

    RE: [RC] Neoprene girths - Jerry & Susan Milam

    A friend of mine advised me about the Prof Choice girths when I was shopping for one and she said the PC somehow has a different neoprene feel that others. It's grainy and I guess it's abrasive from your description.

    That's so sad.

    Susan and Fly Bye
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Typef
    Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 3:35 PM
    To: ridecamp
    Subject: [RC] Neoprene girths

    I just bought a Professional Choice dressage neoprene girth for my saddle because my trainer was complaining I was tightening the girth to tight (which I have to do to get on my equigel squishy saddle without it rolling over). I love it because I don't have to tighten the saddle so much since it doesn't slip.

    However, I went riding yesterday with a new person who saw my girth hanging in the trailer and said she had to tell me a story. The story she told me is making me think twice about my girth and I thought I would share it and see if anyone has had this happen to them or has any opinions or if you've never had any problems.

    She said that her horse tripped and fell one day while wearing this girth and he gave out this horrible groan. She thought he broke his leg. He got up and she could see nothing wrong. When she took the saddle off, a hugh line of skin as wide as his girth fell away from his belly. Apparently the girth had just ripped the skin from his body since it has such a grip. She had to have a vet come out and sew the flap of skin back on. Now I'm thinking fleece!

    Any comments?

    :) Jackie