<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Advanced Equine information
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:50 GMT 2003
  • - Rides 2 Far
  • - Becky Huffman

    Re: [RC] Advanced Equine information - Susan Garlinghouse

    >There are a number of other projects, but central to all of them is the
    > role of educating students in the equine sciences.

    ROFL...sorry, but I just couldn't resist (after picking myself up off the
    floor laughing myself silly).  I was a product of this particular research
    program and I can tell you first hand that the primary central (though
    unofficial) role to the ERC research projects is the opportunity to go camp
    in really pretty parts of the country with a lot of cheap wine, and,
    oh-by-the-way, collect research data while we're there.<vbg>  Wick's #1 Rule
    of Research is if you have to collect data, do it outside if at all
    possible.  A principle I've followed religiously. <g>

    No flames or judgment calls from this end, Rob, but none of the people you
    listed are to my knowledge directly involved in the studies you've cited.
    Or at least they weren't when I was in the program.  Ed Cogger crunches
    numbers for most everyone, Holly Greene gets her name on most projects
    because she's the official gofer, etc.  The person most likely responsible
    for the work involving the horse legs is Mike Savoldi, the Cal Poly farrier.
    His office desk used to be next to mine and those damn horse legs stank like
    hell.

    Susan G