<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Encouragement
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:52 GMT 2003
  • - Rob
  • - Ridecamp Guest

    Re: [RC] Encouragement - Diane

         Hi, I use Carrots& pieces of Alfalfa Cubes as a treat. I to
    learned very quick never to unzip my pack, as he would come to a dead stop at the sound for his treat. I Finally have got him to keep going at the sound, but have to give him his treat while we are trotting, every time I open the pack. This can sometimes be a pain but sure helped him get over his fears.     Diane & Brazz
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 6:12 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Encouragement

    thanks,  I have used carrots after he went thru puddles a couple times. He stopped evry time he heard the velcro. I may keep some with me. The fear thing is pretty much under control, lessons helped me with that, becoming a better rider and figuring the 3 ft. jump the lesson took over crossrails(2x was experinced dressage horse learning to jump, instructor wanted me to ride her because I was strong and she liked me)I had a tad of fear that day when I lost my stirrup. But I can always turn him, it's the surprose thing. Luckily he isn't that way every ride. Maybe I just have to drill him over and over and ride alert. Laurie