<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] ride cam posting
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:59 GMT 2003
  • - Joe Long
  • - heidi sowards

    RE: [RC] ride cam posting - Alison Farrin

    Carrie - My apologies in public for wondering why your email bounced.  I had not intended my reply to be public at all, and posted to the list only when your email provider said you did not exist.

    However, you are still missing the point.

    WE didn't start this.  Your mentor built herself a reputation, ride by ride, year by year, until she was called on it in a formal protest under the rules.  The protest was upheld; meaning that a dispassionate group of people reviewed the evidence and found her in violation of the good sportsmanship rule.  She appears to have taken her punishment gracefully and is already working off her sanction with the required volumteer hours - points in her favor.  However, it seems to have been observed that the sanction did not cure her behavior on the trail.  Now, having already built a reputation for nastiness; as is usual in life, it will be 10 times as hard to regain the world's faith.  So, even if she was what most would consider "pretty reasonable" behavior out on the trail this year, most everyone would just be waiting for the first sign of her usual behavior as evidence that she hasn't changed.

    Therefore, my point was, knowing that people expect bad behavior from you, you are going to have to emulate an angel for awhile.  If you would note my previous post, I simply suggested that you do so.  You will be pleasantly surprised at how fast this community will welcome you back in.

    Oh, and I don't have to "take you on".  I simply expect good sportsmanship and trail manners from you and me and everyone else out there on the trail.  This isn't a fight.  Its about making sure that everyone can use our trails, today and tomorrow.

    Alison A. Farrin
    Innovative Pension
    Innovative Retirement Services
    858-748-6500 x 107