<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Fw: Conditoning .. all hills
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:13 GMT 2003
  • - Lif Strand
  • - Heidi Smith

    [RC] Fw: Conditoning .. all hills - Laurie Durgin

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Laurie Durgin
    Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 2:50 PM
    To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Conditoning .. all hills

    Getting to the point of suddenly wondering how to do sustained trot for miles on my hill conutry?The trails I ride on are mostly hills. 30% to 60%. There are a few places , a hard packed logging road , where for 1/2 mile  to 3/4  it's fairly level.But the rest is hills, up and down power easements. I use 2 main trails , one a 3  1/2mile the other a 7 mile loop. But can't sustain a trot  due to severe 4 wheeler /mudder truck damage. A water crossing or two etc.  I will start exploring for new trails out on the easements soon  . . . 2000 acres, but mostly forested, power easements 4 wheeler trails, and a few logging roads.(uuggh I lost one nice one last month , they are cutting a new road in the middle of it.)
      I can trot in my ring (165 x65). But am  wondering if this type of conditioning will be able to help him with a sustained trot on flatter rides?
      I can do some interval training, but in short spurts. They really tore up my level road, and I have to  pull him in  to walk around those 4 ft. deep ruts.  And we are dealing with forests here alot. Width of my road 20 ft. Wood trails maybe 3-10 ft. wide.  Laurie and Rascal with the half mane. . .