<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] TV segment - trailer accident
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:13 GMT 2003
  • - oddfarm
  • - JUDYK89

    Re: [RC] TV segment - trailer accident - Heidi Smith

    If memory serves, this footage was actually filmed several months ago, and the case was discussed at length somewhere on the Net (mayhaps even here on RC) with comments from people who knew the horse and the situation--yes, it was an endurance horse, and yes, it was ok, but I don't recall the details.  Seemed like it was after one of the winter rides in the southern CA desert--Death Valley, maybe? or one of the later one-day rides in that area.

    Heidi

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 7:48 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] TV segment - trailer accident

    I saw the same show, it was Animal Planet, and they said the accident happened in Sunland, CA.  It was horrible to watch, that poor horse flailing around on the roadway.  Not much more you can do on the side of a road I guess.  They did say the horse turned out to be okay, but no details.  I'm sure it must have been an endurance horse.