<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Leaving after rides
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:14 GMT 2003
  • - Lonnie Ruesch
  • - sharp penny

    Re: [RC] Leaving after rides - Heidi Smith

    That may well be true, Tammy, but I wouldn't go so far as Scott did to suggest that by loading up and going home, they were uncaring and abusive of their horses.  Rude to management, perhaps, but not injuring their horses.  Odds are most of the LD's who loaded up and went home in your case live within a couple of hours of the ride site, since you're in a populated area.

    I share the frustration of ride managers (as Barbara expressed as well) when one goes to the trouble to have a nice awards presentation and/or dinner.  But I don't for a minute think these people are abusive to their horses, with the exception of a small handful.

    Heidi

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 9:14 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Leaving after rides

    In a message dated 6/21/2002 7:56:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    What is "obvious" here is that you have pointed a
    rather derogatory finger at a rather large group of people (those who load
    up and leave after rides) and have accused them of not caring about their
    horses, when in fact, only a tiny percentage of the people who do that are
    deserving of your ire.

    Boy Heidi...My experience at our ride this year was:  We had 73 LD's and only 6 stayed for the Awards & Banquet.  About 3/4's of the 50's stayed.  It left us with about 75 meals extra.