<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Helmets
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:20 GMT 2003
  • - Sarita Weimer
  • - Trailrite

    RE: [RC] Helmets - Bob Morris

    <<<< Insurance started with the idea that was supposed to help you pay for your medical bills. >>>>

    I question that. I believe it started back many years ago in the old country and was called the "Tontine" a scheme where a group of financially sound men each put up a substantial sum to be awarded to the surviving person. It became quite a scandal but evolved into the speculative thing now called insurance. You can be rest assured that like the original scandal, most investors will never get out of it, what they put in. If thy did the Insurance Companies would go broke.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Trailrite@xxxxxxx
    Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 9:24 PM
    To: lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Helmets

    In a message dated 6/17/2002 9:55:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    What happens if someone without medical insurance falls off a
    horse and breaks something on a ride?

    They'll have a big medical bill they have to pay.  Insurance started with the idea that was supposed to help you pay for your medical bills.  Now they're trying to make us believe that we're not supposed to do anything without us paying them for what we do?????  What did I say??!! :o)

    Tammy Robinson
    Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
    18171 Lost Creek Road
    Saugus, CA 91390