<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Syvlia's concern
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:20 GMT 2003
  • - Milinda Ellis
  • - Gail Dillon

    RE: [RC] Syvlia's concern - Steph Teeter

    Alison -nice post - and very true. Probably a good way to end this 'discussion'. Ok? Everything has pretty much been said.

    Steph
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alison Farrin
    Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 7:33 PM
    To: Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx
    Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: [RC] Syvlia's concern

    Well, truth be told, 6 or 8 of us did get accidently booted while Karen was gone.

    I think the proper avenue is still the AERC office.  If you wrote to them and they replied that the official results reported by the ride manager for New Cuyama show Karen as not starting and then you verified with the Ride Manager that those results are corect as he sees them, then you have a beef.  Until then, all you have is a paperwork error.

    I work in a very paperwork intensive business and I'll tell you right up front that the intentional deceit to fumble fingers on the keyboard ratio is about 1 to 500, if not higher.  I constantly marvel that clients can call me, positive that their employer is engaged in a conspiracy with the plan recordkkeeper to deny them the money that is rightfully theirs.  Usually, they haven't read the damn instructions and are making mountains out of molehills. And generally, the clients that start with this attitude get laughed at, alot.  Those that call with a reasonable question to the proper person get courteous and complete answers.  I have found the same to be true with the AERC office.

    So, have you asked the right people the proper question?  Until you have facts, you don't HAVE an issue.  Come back with facts and we'll listen with open minds.

    Alison A. Farrin
    Innovative Pension
    Innovative Retirement Services
    858-748-6500 x 107