<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Top of the Rock-Grain Brained!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:55 GMT 2003
  • - ALISON MUELLER
  • - Dolores Arste

    RE: [RC] Top of the Rock-Grain Brained! - Jerry & Susan Milam

    It's a custom sweet feed of corn and oats..a little heavier in the corn side because it's left over from winter. It's supposed to be 12% protein. I know the beet pulp is not a grain, but it's the vehicle I deliver the grain in after I soak it so it's loaded with water for the hydration.

    Susan
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of JUDYK89@xxxxxxx
    Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 6:27 PM
    To: milamj@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Top of the Rock-Grain Brained!

    What kind of sweet feed?  I'm sorry, but I don't consider beet pulp or sweet feed to be "grain."  I don't think beet pulp will do this to a horse, but depending on the sweet feed (alfa mo, COB?) maybe it was too much in a short period of time, especially if he's not used to it?   Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, maybe Susan can explain?