<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] musings re"the good old days"
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:56 GMT 2003
  • - Heidi Smith
  • - Steph Teeter

    Re: [RC] musings re"the good old days" - Heidi Smith

    Dang, Laura, I forgot about those seam rubs from the blue jeans, and the evolution of various remedies, starting with Ace bandages around the knees, progressing on up through long johns to pantyhose underneath, etc.  I remember my "big breakthrough" in that department--Danskin leotards with shorts over the top, and knee socks over the lower legs to prevent rubs on the stirrup leathers--Zowie!  Yep, some things are DEFINITELY better now....  <g>

    Heidi

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 8:05 PM
    Subject: [RC] musings re"the good old days"

    I am not saying all was rosy in our sport 20 years ago, and I will not go back to wearing jeans to ride in (!) but there were many many good horsemen and tough horses back then who did well despite the lack of super charged feeds, supplements, e'lytes and $2000 saddles - and I believe some of those teams could whip hiney in the field today.