<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Endurance personality types??
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:15 GMT 2003
  • - Howard Bramhall
  • - Karla Watson

    Re: [RC] Endurance personality types?? - Heidi Smith

    If I were to generalize for endurance, I'd say that the Type A's get pulled a lot more often, unless they have a pretty good handle on themselves.  While out-and-out timidity doesn't make it easy to be a Top Tenner, I'd say strategists can beat aggressors more often than not. But no, the timid aren't necessarily last, either.  There are definitely some "Ferdinand the Bull" types who just enjoy smelling the roses along the way and usually end up back there....  I'd separate out "gutsy" from "daredevil"--the former helps, the latter gets folks into wrecks.

    Heidi
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 10:40 AM
    Subject: [RC] Endurance personality types??

       Heres a fun one for discusssion. Can't help  wondering. . .  What kind of personality types are there in endurance?CTR?
       Is there a perponderence(sp) of a certain type that win? Get BC?
       Do the "type A's" always get the top 10?More aggressive, competitive types? Or good stratagist?
        Are the timid always last? Or just laid back, "Ferdinand the Bull " types?
       Are the "gutsy, daredevil types, in front always?
    What about the  cautious, but determined types?