<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Fw: Thanks for Opposing AB 1058
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:15 GMT 2003
  • - Heidi Smith
  • - Laurie Durgin

    [RC] Fw: Thanks for Opposing AB 1058 - Lori Bertolucci

    For those of you who drive SUV's and trucks, or are thinking about getting one,  in Calif. I just received this today. You might be interested in it.

    Lori B.

    -----
    Original Message -----
    From: Bill George
    Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 11:22 AM
    Subject: Thanks for Opposing AB 1058

    Dear Concerned Californian:

    Thank you for using our www.wedrive.org Web site to voice your opposition to AB 1058, the bill in the California legislature that could lead to new fees on sport utility vehicles, minivans and pickup trucks, higher gas taxes and even a tax on every mile you drive. You and tens of thousands of other Californians have taken the time to personally oppose this legislation. Your strong stand helped convince some key legislators to oppose this misguided bill, which has been stopped for now -- but NOT killed.  Not by a long shot. Supporters of AB 1058 are still trying to force it through the legislature and onto the governor's desk to be signed into law. Our Coalition Against AB 1058 is watching very closely and is actively reaching out to explain it to more and more Californians so they will call and email their Assembly members and the Governor to register their opposition.

    We will let you know right away when we find out if the bill is moving through the Legislature again. It's even possible that the legislation could be given a new bill number, or merged with another bill. That way, some legislators could say they never voted for AB 1058, and yet this legislation could still become law through the back door. Once again, thank you for your time and effort to help defeat this bill once and for all.  Between now and the time the Legislature goes home at the end of August, we ask you to stand by and be ready to act at a moment's notice if the bill begins to move again, either by sending an email, making a phone call or taking other action to help stop it dead in its tracks. Meanwhile, check out the latest news and developments on AB 1058 by going to the www.wedrive.org <file://www.wedrive.org> Web site. Sincerely, The Coalition Against AB 1058