<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Coggins Tests
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:17 GMT 2003
  • - Annie George
  • - DVeritas

    Re: [RC] Coggins Tests - Lisa Redmond

    Oh, sorry--didn't mean to imply that was common to all Nebraska horse owners--but I found it very distressing that something that is as serious as EIA was being taken so lightly, especially in the NW corner of the state where animals are commonly being trucked across into Wyoming and South Dakota to rodeos, etc.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 2:19 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Coggins Tests

    In a message dated 5/29/02 10:45:54 AM Mountain Daylight Time, lredmond23@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    Coggins is for Equine  Infectious Anemia (EIA).  And I know that there are a number of horse owners out there who don't bother to get their horses tested (hopefully that doesn't apply to anyone here, but I was informed by my students in Nebraska that they didn't bother with it, and this was an area where people were crossing state lines with their animals on a regular basis!!)

    Lisa,
        Maybe your "students".....didn't bother with it (Coggins), but let me assure you that here in Nebraska we do "bother" with Coggins tests....
        Frank.