<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Green Horses/sour grapes
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:18 GMT 2003
  • - Lif Strand
  • - Bob Morris

    Re: [RC] Green Horses/sour grapes - Laurie Durgin

    Wow!!!You guys are in the SE!!!!('cuse me, ya'll) I have lived south for 29 yrs.Even if the 1st 18 were in MO. Maybe I''ll  actually get to put faces to names, which is a good thing as I am terrrible with names, but I bet I'd remember your horse. When we get Rascal conditioned for this fall(Of course I torn the ligament s in my ankle last week, so I am sitting here soaking it, uuuggghhh 6-8 weeks to get it ok. But maybe I can start riding again next week or so. Well you'll have some story about him I'm sure. He thinks a horses butt is a headrest. Even if he got kicked once for it. (I did  try to back him off with circling at that clinic and the people behind me got mad because I was circling. Sometimes you can't win. . .  Laurie and Rascal

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Truman Prevatt
    Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 10:29 PM
    To: Rides 2 Far
    Cc: dixiemidnight@xxxxxxxxxxx; milamj@xxxxxxxxxxx; tracey@xxxxxxxxx; hwb67@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Green Horses/sour grapes

    Yea I've had the same thoughts. Somehow we got onto this - probably
    Howard's fault. But at all the rides I go to everybody is having fun.
    I've yet to see a horrible rider.  Hell I don't even consider it a
    dangerous sport - although I do have a pretty high octane horse -
    especially at the start. But he's far from green.

    But at the end of the day sitting around the campfire it gives you
    stories to tell and memories to relive. It's a great sport. There is
    something for just about everybody and there is nothing like it.

    So if you have been thinking about trying it come on out. If you are
    fortunate enough to be in the SE region just look up Angie, or myself,
    or Joe and Tamra, or Susan or maybe even old Howard or a hundred other
    people. We'll be glad to help you and get you started so you can join in
    the fun.

    Truman