<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Green Horses
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:20 GMT 2003
  • - Ridecamp Guest
  • - Ridecamp Guest

    RE: [RC] Green Horses - Roby, Diane

     I'm probably not qualified to respond to this as I've not done an endurance
    ride of any length yet, but my personal take on it is that when ever you
    combine a person weighing 100 to 200 (+ or -) pounds and add that to a 1200
    (give or take a few hundred) pound animal you have the potential for an
    accident no matter what the circumstances.

    People get hurt all the time on the ground while schooling their horse, they
    get kicked while cleaning bot eggs off legs, they get bit while walking past
    supposedly well trained school horses that just happen to be hungry and it's
    feeding time, etc.

    The problem is in the rider not understanding how his or her MIGHT behave
    and taking appropriate action to ensure they can control or remove
    themselves and their horses safely.

    That's my opinion for what it's worth.