<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] FEI Ride aka Masters Series
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:22 GMT 2003
  • - Truman Prevatt
  • - Heidi Smith

    Re: [RC] [RC] FEI Ride aka Masters Series - Truman Prevatt

    Actually what probably needs clarification is the role of Canada in the AERC. We have had directors from Canada so I assume that Canada is a full partner in the AERC. Although the AERC is incorporated in the US, it is a binational organization. In that case "foreign" would have to exclusive of both the US and Canada. In which case the rule would not apply.

    For the purpose of FEI they have their own national federations so that does fuzz it up a bit.

    Consider the following situation. Puerto Rico has is a part of the US, although not a state. Puerto Rico citizens are citizens of the US. There could be endurance rides in Puerto Rico at some time in the future. However, Puerto Rico has its own equestrian federation and sends its own teams to the Olympics, world championships, etc. Now if the situation with the ride in Canada was in Puerto Rico how would rule 8.4 apply? ?Would Puerto Rico, although part of the US, be considered a "foreign country" by the AERC for the purpose of rule 8.4? I see no difference between the ride in question being in Puerto Rico or Canada.

    Truman

    Steph Teeter wrote:
    The BOD had some discussion of this rule earlier. Depending upon how you parse the sentence, you? may have two different interpretations:
    ?
    (FEI rides or endurance rides) in a foreign country
    vs
    FEI rides or (endurance rides in a foreign country).
    ?
    The intent of the rule was the?second interpretation. Needs a little clarification though -
    ?
    Steph
    ?