<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] saddle fit!!!!!!!!!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:23 GMT 2003
  • - Steph Teeter
  • - Garner

    Re: [RC] [RC] saddle fit!!!!!!!!! - Lynda Townsend

    Patti:
    You can take all the guess work out of saddle fitting if you get yourself an Impression Pad. There is no reason today, to own a saddle that does not fit. We do not need to guess anymore, or wait for the white hairs, or sore backs, or our horses to go lame. Here is a pad that anyone can use, and read, and know how their saddle is fitting their horse.
    I have been working with this pad for the past 3 years, and have yet to see anything that can compare, including the computers, and you can do it yourself. You do not need to spend large sums of money to have someone come out and tell you your saddle doesn't fit.
    Don't buy another saddle without testing it with an Impression Pad under it. It only take about 30 minutes of your time, to save you and your horse a lot of heartache and worry.
    I recently did a saddle fit clinic with 28 horses, only 4 saddles fit. This is a very sad situation for our horses, specially when we are asking them to do such long miles. Even 1 mile with a poor fitting saddle, is cruel.
    I equate this to asking someone to come and jog with me for 50 miles, but first I put rocks in their shoes, or make them put on 2 or 3 pairs of socks, so their shoes were to tight. It must feel that way to our horses. It amazes me that they are so forgiving, they complain, they swish their tails, they won't stand still when being saddled, they try to bite, to tell us this hurts, but we ignore it, and most horses still try to do a good job.
    The Impression Pad is made by Port Lewis Work Shop, it is one of the best investments you will ever make.
    Lynda (obsessed with saddle fit)

    From: Ridecamp Guest <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [RC]   saddle fit!!!!!!!!!
    Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:42:26 GMT

    patti gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I have a saddle I bought for my mare last year. It looked like it fit her when I got it,she moved so much more freeley!! Now she has white spots behind her shoulders!!! After I ride, I check her back to see if it is sore and she never acts like it. The hair behind her shoulders gets roughed up looking, but she dosen's act like it hurts. My saddle seems to roll side to side a little bit and I got a nonslip deal to put under the pad and now it dosen't roll and her back looks great when I take it off. The hairs don't look messed up when I use this under the pad but I don't think she likes it under there because she has bucked a couple times when I used it. Should i just use it until she gets used to it and how do I know that it is not hurting her just because the hairs look good? I know it does not fit well because of the white hairs, but it took so long for this to show up how will I know if a new one fits well and do the white hairs go away? I am frustrated with fitting saddles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=