<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Global warming
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:25:35 GMT 2003
  • - DreamWeaver
  • - KimFue

    Re: [RC] Global warming - Duncan Fletcher

    But the ozone layer issue has virtually nothing to do with global warming.
    The additional energy in the UV that is no longer absorbed in the
    upper atmosphere is insignificant as far as warming is concerned - if it
    were great, the upper atmosphere would have been much warmer than it was.

    Rather warming (to the extent that it is real - and while there is strong
    evidence, there are still some unknowns) is a result of the inability of the
    earth to radiate heat (in the infrared range) as a result of increase in
    carbon dioxide and methane which absorbs those IR wavelengths instead of
    letting them pass on into space.