<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: FW: [RC] King of What???
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:25:20 GMT 2003
  • - C. Eyler
  • - Ridecamp Guest

    FW: [RC] King of What??? - Bob Morris

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bob Morris [mailto:bobmorris@xxxxxxxx]
    Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 8:18 AM
    To: tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: [RC] King of What???

    Last check I had of International members was 329. One must
    realize that only a portion of these contributors actually
    ride FEI rides. To be very generous I would state that there
    are 80 actual international riders in the AERC. That is 25%
    of the international members and a very small percentage of
    the overall AERC membership.

    The argument put forth by the un-named contributor is a very
    good one on the surface, but a very spurious one based on
    the numbers.

    Let's look at this a bit deeper. Our emasculated writer
    states <<<AERC Is still King and will be for a long
    time???>>>> AERC has never been "King" and has never
    pretended to be of royal delineation. Just common USA folks
    that like horses and prefer to ride long distances. AERC has
    never pretended to be any thing but has existed as a service
    organization to bring together equestrians of like interest.

    Our portender of doom for the AERC also states <<<The sport
    of endurance RACING is what is heading to the Olympics>>>> I
    really hope this contributor is as young as the writing
    indicates as they will need all the youth they can garner to
    be alive when Endurance is entered into the Olympic venue.

    Now, let's get down and dirty!  The posting stated <<< Make
    no mistake about it,  AERC has lost its position in the USA
    and the world for the top riders, it is just a matter of
    time before another "entity" emerges in the USA to take over
    as the controlling organization of the sport of endurance
    racing.  And it ain't gonna be AERC I can promise you that!
    Watch, and you shall see, one and then another top events
    will go forward without AERC sanctioning.>>>

    The facts please not conjecture! How many "top events" have
    been conducted with our AERC Sanctioning? And then, what are
    you considering "top Events" Explanation Please.

    As for another entity taking over as the controlling
    organization? Be aware that this action will require the
    revision of the USA-E Rules and Regulations that currently
    state <<<Article 2101. Preamble.1. GENERAL.  The following
    rules and regulations have been adopted from those of the
    American Endurance Ride Conference (AERC), the official
    Federation endurance discipline organization>>>> Not an easy
    thing to do nor would it be an inexpensive undertaking.

    Now, this unidentified contributor to the day's interest
    states<<<I think FEI is getting tired of the battle with the
    narrow focus of AERC, so I'll buy everyone a cup of coffee
    this time next year if we don't see the FEI go to another
    group to handle the FEI endurance races and AERC will be
    left out,>>>>

    They must have some very good inside information not
    available to the rest of us. But then this is a very safe
    statement never meant to be serious. How could it be serious
    when they are nameless and the return address is not
    traceable. We will never be capable of collecting that cup
    of coffee.

    Now, NO NAME, if you have the facts, show them. If you have
    the conviction that you are correct prove it. If you have
    any honor and integrity, come from behind the veil of
    ambiguity and correspond with me person to person.

    I stand behind every thing I write and am proud to sign my
    name!

    Bob