weaving

I have another problem with my guy that I thought you guys could help me with.
He is a stall weaver. He is turned out daily but kept in his stall when the weather is bad. Unfortunately that is up to the owners of the barn I board at. If they think it is going to be a really rainy day they keep all the horses inside and then he weaves probably most of the day. He gets turned out with another horse (they are "in love") and has horses next to his paddock. There is some grass in his turnout. He just seems to really weave when people are there and he is in his stall. He can see other horses (bars between stalls) which is good and he can put his head out.

When you buy a horse you don't always know if he is a weaver or not. Usually you find out later. I found out from the lady who boarded him before that he has always been a weaver. I've been on the internet and found out that it is not good for his tendons and condition for him to do this.

How much of an effect does it have on endurance training if he weaves? Does my horse need to be an UN-stalled horse 24/7 to make him feel less confined and his body in better resting condition? I read that weaving can affect his tendons and can cause stumbling which is what he does when he gets tired from a hard training ride.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Karla Watson
Portland, Oregon