fun awards

Carla robandcarla@hotmail.com
How about a nice award to best crew? You know something like best
supporting actors/actresses? I think a neato cheap little trophy perhaps a
beer bottle or little cotton puffs painted gold. A beer bottle for the
after ride and the cotton puffs to put in ears during ride.
I think something for a bad luck award is a great idea. We all know that
if you did the best stories award the stories would get far to long and
become an endurance event all in itself.
 Another neat idea I think would be a good one. A NEAT IDEA AWARD Perhaps
someone can go from camp to camp and check things out. I mean I would have
definately voted for the sponge in the mesh bag with the elastic end when
those first started out.
Duct tape award this is for the person who has used the most duct tape. I
once saw one guy with the stuff around his legs? I never asked why I guess
it was to hold his pants down and socks up. mmm Cheap half chaps!
Longest trip to get to the ride.
Roughest looking horse and rider combo after ride. You know the ones who
look like they did the OD in rain with temps in the 150s and they hit a
mud bog doing warp 9. Pregnant with the flu looking souls whose horse
looks as if they either A) looks like they are ready for the auction house
or B) rolled in the bog with the rider still attached. add points 1 point
for every scratch and 2 points if they can't spell the word Horse.
Mummbles count as long as they are slightly audible. A bag of coffee and
some snicker bars is a good award.
I love T shirts but some other unforseen merchandise that is great is go
to the local franchised food chain and ask for a food certificate. More
than likely they won't turn you down plus an added bonus is that they will
probably get more money in return. When we had our horse fair I asked all
kinds of merchants to donate merchandise. My Chiropractor donated a nice
certificate for a free exam. I got tons of food certificates, taco bell,
mcdonalds, arbys, subway and of course Domino's added some too. We recieve
d a nice birdfeeder, other odds and ends. If you have a dollar tree you
can find some great stuff there!
When we go to our conventions they sometimes give us free samples of stuff
or odd and end stuff that we use later. Magnets, towels, sunglassses,
sunscreen, chapsticks, gluesticks, nice big bags, they also did a drawing
for nice jackets and shirts, tickets just stuff you would normally buy on
the road or forget to pack. I have sunscreen that ties around the neck, a
sunglass case that goes around the neck. or didy bags.
I have found if you beg and beg and irritate enough you will usually get
free stuff for things that you have going on. I also kept up with thank
you cards. When I got out to my car after picking stuff up I would write a
note on a note card of what was recieved, and the address I recieved from.
They came in handy for all the thank yous I had to write!
 I hope all this helps and hope that when I ever get into managing a
ride..one day in the very distant future When I get a notion or as Angie
put it "shove splinters under your fingernails" But I am not sure what I
am going to call it. Perhaps "Carla is putting on her stupid ride and bake
sale. Endurance ride" what do you all think? wanna come?????
Carla (hope one day it lives up to be the next big ride without the FEI
just for you Howard)
Ansata (as long as I don't have to compete!)
Haley (any cute guys there?)
Rob (YOU WHAT????)