hay info

Try www.hayexchange.com and go to the discussion page or whatever that is. There are many knowledgeable hay people on this site that can give you more info that you asked for. There are also some who don't really know hay or the fact that horses are different from cows.
I was looking for some quality alfalfa and a guy e-mailed me and said he had some. I asked what cutting it was and he said, I swear, "I just cut it."  {:0 oh no.
I have just purchased some beautiful alfalfa, 3rd cutting, 18 % protein from a young man who is involved from the growing, cutting and testing of his hay. He also shows and has some national titles in the halter draft arena. He can tell you anything you want to know about hay. He has all his hay tested before he sells it. I am waiting for some Orchard/Alfalfa mix and I will be looking to buy some T/A in the springtime. It is so nice to deal with knowledgeable hay people and not someone who just says, "Yeah, it's good hay."
Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm  Hay, it's not just for breakfast anymore!