NEWBIE....just returning to riding

Christine McLaughlin duchessofdirt@yahoo.com
I'll try to get to the point (VERY hard for me..). I have a 16 year old
arab mare in great health, however, because of the fact I have been off
messing around raising FOUR kids, she hasn't been ridden much except for
"fooling around" riding in the past several years (and that was bareback!I
have had her for 10 years). Anyway, my last baby is almost 3 & I'm trying
to get back to my riding, especially on trails. I have been looking for
ways to bring my horse and I closer & do some things we have never done
before. Endurance riding has been suggested to me over & over. I am, to
say the least, VERY intrigued...Here's my problem, my horse is boarded 15
minutes from my house, so I can get there pretty often, but, it is
unrealistic to think thatI could condition a horse every day (or even 5
days a week) for HOURS using different training methods that all the
literature suggests (Besides, I have never ridden "dressage" )!! Help! I
really want to try this!

(No, actually, that really WAS to the point..for me)
Thanks! Chris