Re: Snow/bitter climates

>> > For personal comfort- you have to have a helmet big enough to
>accommodate
>> > thin fleece hat or band.  I make sure my neck is covered,
>
>English tack sellers like State Line Tack sell a wonderful polarfleece
>helmet cover that comes down and covers your neck.  The neck part wraps
>around the neck and closes in front with velcro.
>
>Cindy

These are fine as long as you aren't riding in the rain.  We've tried
similar polarfleece covers and they got so soggy in the rain that they only
get used now if the weather is very cold and dry.  I have a thin
polarfleece skullcap made for under bike helmets that I carry in my fanny
pack if I need extra warmth.  I also use a helmet cover that can trap a
fair amount of heat and keep the raindrops from sneaking thru the holes in
the helmet.

Sue

"If all you can do is what you've always
done, then all you can be is what you are right now."
                              author unknown