Re: Re: RE: Snow/bitter climates

> We figure that most people have about a 40°F range that
> they get used to and are comfortable with. So you might
> be able to cope with 100 degrees in the summer, but if it
> drops below about 60, you get chilly. On the opposite side -
> people who think 70°F is a "nice" temperature for summer
> don't usually feel the cold until it hits freezing.

My Danish husband is certainly in the latter group--he'd relate well to your
English feeling of being overheated at 80...  :-)  I've always been glad
that the seasons here tend to be somewhat consistent, as one has an
opportunity to acclimate gradually.  I remember three winters in Eastern
Montana when I was a kid, and that was really tough, because the chinook
winds would come through, getting temps up around 50 or 60, and then an
Arctic front would come through, plunging temps down around -40F, which
isn't counting wind chill.  That could happen in the space of a few hours.
It was tough on livestock, too.

Heidi