GN hitches in new HD trucks

Well, I FINALLY got a new truck after 4 months of arbitration over
my 2000 Silverado.  May none of you end up with that truck!  My
new truck is a 2001 GMC 2500HD and to everyone's surprise the
hitches off of my Silverado would not fit.  Neither the GN or tow
hitch.  None of the parts books indicate this.  Good thing I did not
need to go any where right away!  They tell me it will take a week
or two to get new hitches.  Of course, when I read that the pop
down ball type plate, which I have, won't work......I would like to
know if anyone has installed one.  Thanks!
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall