Re: Re: horse stuck in mud

Not all the areas we ride in have signal for a cell phone up here in
northern Michigan.  My sister and I are having "dog" tags engraved to attach
to our halter, bridle or whatever with our horses' names, our names and
phone numbers for the possibility of parting company with our horses on
trail when we are alone.  Or even if we weren't alone...it's a good idea!
We at least let someone know where we are going, the route we are taking and
when we expect to be back if we go riding alone and the rule is YOU CAN'T
CHANGE YOUR MIND AND GO A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.  You have to stick to the
plan!  :)  So far, no problems but I won't say that I don't worry about my
sister when she rides alone anyway...
Maggie