Re: RC: Reactor Panel saddles

Hi Kirstin,
    You'll probably hear from several ridecampers who have become RP agents, including me.
    The saddle was developed in Britain and there are riders there who have used their saddles for endurance for 6 years.  The company has been headquartered in Colorado for about a year but the saddles are still made in Britain by the original saddlemakers, Adam and Steve whom I had the pleasure of getting to know a week ago at RP's first annual meeting.
    There are several models being used for endurance ranging from dressage to all purpose types as well as a model specifically designed for endurance.  All the models have a very traditional look, fitting right in to their specific discipline, jumping, eventing, dressage, cross country, police work or whatever.  (They are all "english" styles.)
    As you probably know, the panels which sit on the horse's back are fastened to the upper part of the saddle (the tree and seat) with sorbothane discs covered with airplane strength velcro(r).  These discs can be placed where needed according to the particular horse's back shape and can be moved as the back shape changes (not hard to do!).  Clients who have reported having to buy 2 or more saddles as their horse's back musculature developed have found that they only needed one, an  RP.
    Two members of the USA World Cup team rode RPs last summer in France with no complaints.  They are beautifully made saddles which is, admittedly, reflected in their price.  But you do get what you pay for and it is proving to be true that an RP is the only saddle needed even when the horse's shape changes.
    The company has a liberal trial policy and, in fact, insists that you try the saddle before buying.  For people used to riding in more western type saddles, switching to english can seem intimidating (I speak from experience!) but there are so many models to choose from, all of which are comfortable, that it isn't hard to switch.
    You can get more info from the company website  www.reactorpanel.com
    If you have any more questions, just ask and you'll get answers!
Laney

"guest@endurance.net" wrote:

Kirstin Lightfoot kirstin@vetmed.wsu.edu
I'm interested in getting feedback from anyone who has had experience with ReactorPanels.  What is their durability like?  Advantages/Disadvantages?  I would love any input on this product!